What is Reconstructive Micro-Pigmentation?
Reconstructive Micro-Pigmentation involves specialized tattooing to simulate an areola and nipple, which is missing or faded due to scaring, vitiligo, discoloration, mastectomy or other procedures.
What can I expect from the procedure?
This procedure generally takes about two hours and is performed by a trained Permanent Makeup Artist. The area is assessed and a consultation is conducted. In the consultation, you will discuss details such as size, color, shape, and more. If one areola and nipple are still intact, then this may be used as a guide for the simulated one. After the consultation, the area is numbed and mapped out. The tattooing is then conducted.
General instructions for prior to the procedure:
- No alcohol 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- No caffeine the day of- NO COFFEE!
- No blood thinners including pain killers for 24 hours before your procedure.
- No aspirin, ibuprofen or aleve on the day of procedure.
- No working out on the day of procedure.
- No sauna or tanning 1 week prior to the procedure.
- Discontinue use of fish oil or vitamin E at least one week prior to the procedure.
- No botox injections or fillers 4 weeks prior to procedure .
- No deep exfoliation, chemical peels or laser treatments 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- No retinol products, accutane, acne treatments or salicylic acid 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- No antibiotics or steroids 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Come with clean skin, no heavy creams, makeup or sunscreen day of your procedure.
General instructions for after the procedure:
(10-14 days post procedure or until the end of healing):
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds
- Avoid touching of the treatment area except for when applying the post-care ointment with a cotton swab
- Avoid direct water pressure until healed
- No getting them wet other than the required washing mentioned. This includes shower, swimming, sauna, hot tub, etc. Minimize showers to 5 minutes and lower the temperature as much as possible to avoid steam. Do not allow soap or water stream to hit your brows. Lean back to wash your hair and rinse without allowing soap or water stream to touch your brows.
- No sweating, exercise, working out or hot yoga. The salt in sweat and the stress of heavy lifting can hinder the healing and reduce the pigment retention.
- No UV exposure or tanning beds.
- No laser light therapy and no facials for 30 days.
- No Makeup, Lotion, Face Wash, Serums, Etc.
- No use of Neosporin or Petroleum based products other than healing cream.
- No threading, waxing or removal products.
- No anti-aging products or facial products containing alpha hydroxyls (ahas), retin-A, lactic or glycolic acids.
- Do not apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, proactiv, etc.) Or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing. Do not bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area.
- Avoid performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris and use of volatile chemicals for cleaning
- Avoid drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Avoid driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Avoid hot sauna, hot bath, or jacuzzi.
Euro Reflections offers FREE Reconstructive Micro-Pigmentation to both male and female breast cancer survivors (with or without breast reconstruction). For more information on this please call or email us or click here.
For all other cases, individual prices may vary. For more information or to book a complimentary consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519 570 2117.